At Powerscourt Garden Pavilion (Wicklow's premium garden & lifestyle Centre) we are currently seeking to hire a Retail Horticulturist with strong customer service experience and horticultural expertise . This is a permanent position, and the ideal candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Main Horticultural Duties:
1. Provide customers with a knowledgeable, efficient and friendly service while optimising sales of our garden products.
2. Knowledge of our range and mix of horticultural products.
3. Build effective working relationships with customers, in order to understand their individual requirements and supply them
with the best products.
4. Monitor, maintain and re-order stock to ensure that customers’ demands are met.
5. Ensure all garden centre displays are immaculate and appealing to the customer.
6. Liaising with suppliers.
Main Sales Assistant Duties:
1. Dealing with customers and keeping appropriately informed regarding products for sale.
2. Actively selling to customers and accurately allocating sales to till product categories.
3. Maintaining and updating merchandising and displays of all products including plant stock.
4. Responsibility for checking stock deliveries, ensuring they are correct and all shortfalls and damaged goods noted and reported to management.
5. To ensure all documentation and information is recorded. For example - delivery dockets, invoices, purchase orders, wastage books, and enquiries books.
6. To ensure that equipment within the Garden Pavilion is well maintained and operated in a proper manner with a view to customer and staff safety.
7. To cover for other staff members during breaks and on days off. Hours will include weekend work and bank holidays.
8. To ensure the plants are adequately watered and deadheaded so as to ensure the highest level of plant quality is maintained.
9. To ensure the outside of the Garden Pavilion, both front and back are kept litter and weed-free.
10. Any other duties, which the Garden Pavilion Manager, or Management generally, may reasonably request in connection with the operation of the Garden Pavilion.
Horticultural diploma with a minimum of two years experience.
Qualification to level 6 an advantage
Those interested should forward their application to Lisa Hardy at email@example.com before Friday 31st March 2023.